Crispy Lemon Chicken
- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- grated peel from 2 lemons (save the lemons for squeezing over cooked chicken if you'd like)
- 2 cups of Panko
- vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and enough flour to make the mixture the consistency of a think pancake mix.
- Put the panko in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the sour cream mixture and then roll in the panko crumbs.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan (about 1/8") and fry chicken until golden brown and crispy. You will probably need to do this in batches. Add more oil in between batches if necessary.
- If you'd like, you can bake it in the oven in a lightly greased pan for about 30 minutes. It won't be as crispy but it will probably be less fattening.