Crock Pot Roast Beef Dinner
- Cooking Time: 360
- 2 Tbl. vegetable oil
- 1 2-3 lb. beef chuck roast
- 2 Tbl. flour
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can french onion soup, or 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- Mix flour with salt and pepper on wax paper. Wipe meat dry with paper towels then dust with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add floured meat and brown on all sides, adding onions to just soften toward end.
- Remove meat from skillet and place in crockpot.
- Splash about 1/2 cup of water (or wine, or balsamic vinegar) into the skillet with the onions to loosen any fond from skillet, and pour with the onions over the meat in the crockpot.
- Pour the can of onion soup on top of the meat and onions (or, if using dry soup mix, sprinkle in with a cup or so of water).
- Now, here is where you have options. You can simply cook on low for 6 hours or so, cook up some noodles to pour the au jus over and call it a meal, or, you can peel a few whole potatoes and carrots, stick them in the pot with the roast and call it a "yankee pot roast dinner." Either way, the meat is melt-in-your-mouth tender and delicious!