Crock pot Vidalia Onion Smothered Chicken
- Servings: 4
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons almond flour – omit if on level 1
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock(low sodium)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook for 20 minutes, until the onion is golden brown. If the onion browns too fast, reduce the heat to medium low. Add the almond flour and stir constantly for 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cream and simmer 5 minutes more. Stir in the sage and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place a small amount of onion sauce on bottom of crockpot (inside). Now place breasts or any chicken parts you desire in crock. Cover with onion sauce and cook all day on LOW or 5-6 hours on HIGH.