- 1egg (well beaten)
- 1 Tsp butter or margarine(melted)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/8tsp salt
- 3 Tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Combine egg, butter, salt, sugar, and spices. Beat thoroughly.
- Add sifted flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured board.
- Roll in sheet Ã‚Â¼inch thick.
- Cut in strips 2Ã‚Â½ by 3inches.
- Make 4 or 5 lengthwise gashes nearly to the ends.
- Run your fingers in and out of the gashes, push strips together a little, and slip into hot grease(365 degrees).
- Fry until brown.
- Drain on crumpled absorbent paper. Enjoy!