Crunchy Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Cooking Time: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg; beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface.
- Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired.