Dan's Kickin' Mango Salsa
- Cooking Time: 2hrs
- Servings: 10 .5 cup servings
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 1 large, ripe Mango (Peeled and Diced)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (Seeded and Diced)
- 1 Clove elephant garlic (Finely Diced)
- 1/4 of a Red Onion (Peeled and Diced)
- 3 Green Onions (Green and White Parts, Chopped)
- 1 Large Jalapeno Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Large Serrano Pepper (Diced)
- 1 large Lime (Zested and Juice Separated)
- 1/4 Bunch Cilantro (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Drizzle Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- Place Mango, Tomatoes, Garlic, Red and Green Onion, Jalapeno and Serrano in large non-reactive container. Stir till Combined.
- Add Cilantro, Lime Zest, Lime Juice, Salt, and Pepper to taste. Stir till combined
- Add Drizzle of Honey and Canola Oil. Stir to combine.
- Seal tightly and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Serve with your favorite Chips!!!
- ***You can control the heat in this salsa by removing the seeds and/or ribs of the jalapeno and serrano. The less rib (white part) and seeds, the less spicy***
I was looking for a summery alternative to traditional salsa, so I came up with this ultra fresh and colorful recipie. Fresh Mangos are combined with roma tomatoes, red and green onions. cilantro and fresh garlic. I threw in some freshly diced Jalapeno and Serano Chili's for a spicy kick that's sure to keep you comming back for another helping.