Dark Chocolate Brownie with Chevre Swirl
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2/3 c. Dutch process cocoa powder (if available use half Black Cocoa Powder)
- 1 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 2 T. water
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- nonstick baking spray
- optional: 2 drops King Arthur Sweet Dough emulsion
- Chevre Swirl:
- 6 oz. chevre (goat cheese), room temperature
- 1 T. powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 X 8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Make brownies by whisking together eggs, canola oil, water and emulsion in a large bowl. Mix in cocoa, sugars, salt, flour and chips until completely combined. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl make swirl by beating together chevre, powdered sugar, egg and flour until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Spread the chevre mixture over the top and swirl with the tip of a knife. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter over the top.
- Bake brownies for 35 – 40 minutes. Brownies will be done when the center is set, but still moist and fudgey. Wait until cool before cutting into 16 pieces.