Date Nut Muffins
- Servings: 6
- 1 cup milk (I use 1% and it works fine)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups All purpose flour (or self rising and then omit salt and baking pwdr.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup melted butter or cooking oil
- Mix milk and egg together in mixing bowl.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, including sugar and add to milk & egg.
- Stir in nuts and dates and then butter or oil.
- Mix just enough to blend.
- I use large muffin cups. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Bake @ 400 for 20 minutes or until muffins are done.