Decadent Chocolate Cake
- * 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- * 2 cups of whey crisps
- * 1 1/4cups sifted organic whole wheat pastry flour
- * 1 tsp baking soda
- * 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- * 1/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- * 1 1/4 cup natural brown sugar, lightly packed
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- * 1/2 cup sour cream
- * 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375. Grease and flour a 9” cake pan.
- 2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- 3. Melt the chocolate and then allow it to cool slightly. Be careful to not allow it to harden.
- 4. Beat the butter and sugar for two minutes. Add the eggs and beat for an additional two minutes. Beat in the vanilla and cooled chocolate.
- 5. Gradually stir in the sifted flour mixture in approximate thirds, alternating each time with 1/4 cup of the sour cream, adding whey crisps at end.
- 6. Stir in the boiling water. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 7. Bake for 23 minutes. Do not overbake this cake! Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- * If serving this cake to guests, for the ultimate decadence and best presentation, top it with a chocolate frosting of choice.