Delilah's 7 Cheese Mac And Cheese
- Servings: 16
- 2 pounds elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half, divided
- 4 cups grated sharp yellow Cheddar, divided
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp white Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Asiago
- 1 cup grated Gruyere
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1 cup grated Muenster
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- This recipe is serves 16! Please note, you can cut all ingredients in half for an 8-10 serving size. :)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add the Velveeta, butter and 2 cups of the half-and-half to the large bowl of eggs. Add the warm macaroni tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow Cheddar, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined in the large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dishes (approximately 3 (3-quart) baking dishes) and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of sharp yellow cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more.
- Serve hot.
With her boisterous personality, warm smile, and delicious soul food, Delilah Winder is a local legend in Philadelphia. When her mac 'n' cheese was voted best in the nation on the Oprah Winfrey Show, Delilah was dubbed America’s Mac 'n' Cheese queen. This recipe is not only in her cookbook "Delilah's Everyday Soul: Southern Cooking With Style," but it can also be found on foodnetwork.com