Diabetic Delicious Double Berry Ice Cream
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30
- ◦1 16 ounce package frozen unsweetened strawberries or 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- ◦¾ cup sugar
- ◦1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ◦4 cups whole milk
- ◦1 12 ounce package frozen unsweetened red raspberries or 3 cups fresh red raspberries
- ◦¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1.Partially thaw frozen strawberries, if using. Mash strawberries slightly to break up; set aside.
- 2.In a large saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin.
- 3.Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just starts to boil.
- 4.Remove from heat.
- 5.Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 175 degrees F and mixture coats the back of a clean metal spoon.
- 6.Do not boil. Stir in strawberries, raspberries, and orange juice concentrate.
- 7.Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. (Mixture will be very thick after chilling.)
- 8.Transfer the mixture to a 4- or 5-quart ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturers directions. If desired, ripen.