- Servings: 20-24 cookies
- 150 g (5.2 oz) butter or margarine
- 200 g (7 oz) flour
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- chocolate drops
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together.
- Add chopped cold butter and rub it into the flour mixture to get coarse crumbs.
- Add the yolk and quickly knead everything together.
- Form a ball, wrap it with a piece of plastic wrap, and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough to 3-4 mm thin and cut into domino shape rectangles (1" wide x 2" long). I used my fondant ribbon cutter to get even stripes and then I cut them into 2" long pieces.
- Make an indentation in the middle of each cookie with the dull side of a knife.
- Press the chocolate drops in to create the domino dots.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C (350°F).
- They should stay light coloured, so take them out as soon as they are slightly golden.
- For the opposite effect, add some cocoa powder into the dough and create the dots using white chocolate drops.