Dottie's Marinated Martini Dirty Olives
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 Tablespoons gin
- 2 Tablespoons vermouth
- 1 Tablespoon of the olive brine from the pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 (1/4-inch wide) strips lemon peel, each about 3-inches long
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive dish and cover tightly.
- Allow olives to marinate at least 2 to 3 hours or up to 4 days in the refrigerator. (If you are only marinating them for a few hours, leave the olives in the marinade at room temperature.)
- Note: These olives are great in martinis and also double as a quick party hors d'oeuvre. If you plan on using them exclusively as an hors d'oeuvre, drizzle a little extra-virgin olive.