Double Chocolate-Orange Cupcakes
- Servings: 30
- 1 (12-oz.) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semisweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package German chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Buttercream Frosting
- Microwave 1 cup chocolate morsels in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Beat cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla, beating until blended. Spoon batter by 1/4-cupfuls into paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- Bake at 375° for 16 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Orange Buttercream Frosting evenly over cupcakes.
- Place remaining chocolate morsels in a 1-qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds to 1 minute, turning bag over after 30 seconds.
- Squeeze chocolate in bag until smooth. Cut a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag.
- Pipe melted chocolate over Orange Buttercream Frosting on cupcakes by gently squeezing bag.