Double Lemon Blueberry Upside-Down Cake
- 1/3 -cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (used frozen)
- 18.25- ounce package lemon cake mix
- 3-ounce package lemon flavored gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 10-inch tube pan. Place pan in oven until butter melts.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Sprinkle blueberries over sugar. Coat sides with butter-flavor cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin, eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. If needed, cover top of cake with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge and center of pan.
- Invert cake onto a platter or cake stand.
- Makes 16 servings.