Dough For The Pirog
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2/3 cup luke warm milk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled to luke warm
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and milk; allow to stand
- faomy, about 5 minutes
- Add teh butter,. salt and egg to the yeast mizture and mix well
- with a wooden spoon.
- C. Stir in 3/ 1/4 cups flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring well after
- each addition.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead gently until have a
- rather loose dough*, about 3 mintues, adding just enough of the
- remaining flour to prevent sticking. Shape into a ball, cover with a linenen
- or cotton (not terry cloth) towel and allow to stand for 10 mi nutes.
- The dough is now ready to use. You can refrigerate it for up to 24
- you can save time by making it in the bread machine, on dough cycle.