Dried Cranberry, Walnut and Lemon Scones
- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup half and half, approximately
- Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in bowl for glaze.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, lemon peel, salt, and 1 cup sugar in large bowl. Add chilled butter; using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms. Mix in cranberries and walnuts. Add 1/2 cup half and half and1 tablespoon lemon juice. Toss with fork until dough comes together in moist clumps, adding more half and half if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; divide in half. Press out each half on floured surface to 6-inch-diameter (1-inch-high) round. Cut each round into 6 wedges. Transfer to baking sheet; brush with glaze.
- Bake scones until golden and tester comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.