- 6 eggs
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 C milk
- In large bowl, beat eggs with with wire wisk. Add flour and continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
- Beat in sugar, oil and milk.
- Batter should be the consistancy of buttermilk. Add additional flour or milk if needed.
- Let batter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat a small, heavy skillet over medium heat. Melt a small amount of butter in skillet.
- Add 1/4 C pancake batter to pan and tilt to coat the bottom.
- Fry pancake until top is nearly dry, then flip to other side.
- The pancake may curl slightly at this point and that is normal, but if it curls too much, add a bit of milk to batter.
- Continue to fry pancake until it is brown on both sides, then stack on plate.
- Serve rolled and topped with real maple syrup, jam, or sugar.
- Makes 16-18 pancakes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6