Easter Green Bean Casserole
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11 ounces) shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a skillet, melt butter.
- Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.