Easy, healthy Chilaquiles
- Servings: 2-4
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into strips (the width of 1/4 the tortialla) left out to dry a bit
- 1 can diced tomatos with green chilis
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- shredded cheddar cheese (can use reduced fat or fat free)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray
- In a heated frying pan coated with cooking spray, "fry" the corn tortillas until crisy; remove and place on paper towels to remove any cooking spray grease. Salt while hot.
- In a medium-large saucepan, combine vegetables and spices over medium heat, until hot.
- Using half of tortillas strips, line the bottom of the dish. Next, spread half of the vegetable mix over the strips, and spread a layer of cheese over top. If desired, spread a thin layer of salsa. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake for ~15-20min, or until edges of casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted.