Easy Chicken & Rice Casserole
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut into four pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- Place chicken in 3 or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with soup, mushrooms and water; stir gently to mix and spread evenly over chicken.
- 2. Cover; cook on low setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
- 3. About 15 minutes before serving, stir thawed peas and rice into chicken mixture. Cover, cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Salt and pepper to taste.