Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and salsa. Cook, stirring until melted and well blended. Stir in chicken and pinto beans. Fill tortillas with the mixture, roll and place into the prepared baking dish. Spread cheese over the top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with your favorite toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes, or sour cream.
I tweaked this a lot. Used chicken thighs. Didn't have pinto beans so I rinsed a can of Great Northern beans very well and added half of a packet of taco seasoning mix. I was short on picante and added a can of red enchilada sauce. I poured a can of enchilada sauce over the enchiladas before I topped them with the cheese. Family liked them a lot.