Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 24 cupcakes/1 9x13 cake
- Preparation Time: 5
- 8 oz cream cheese (one package) softened
- 1/2 c butter (one stick) softened
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- If, like me, you forgot to soften the dairy products beforehand, just set them on the still-warm oven for a few minutes.
- Mash the butter and cream cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Add in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
We grew our first garden this year, and strictly followed the advice to grow only ONE zucchini plant for our two-person family. This was more than enough! We still have three zukes left, and the plant has been dead since the first snows hit last weekend. In order to use up some of the prolific vegetable, I made some zucchini cake following my grandmother's recipe. After the cake came out I was too tired to make her complicated frosting recipe, so I cheated and found an easy one online! This is a modified version of the one on Allrecipes as I thought that one used a bit too much cream cheese. I halved the cream cheese for this and it came out splendid. The best part: it makes just a tad too much for a regular 9x13 cake, so you can't feel bad for eating some out of the bowl!