Easy Huevos Rancheros
- Cooking Time: 27
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 6- to 6 1/2-inch-diameter corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup purchased pico de gallo
- 2 to 3 teaspoons bottled chipotle hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray six 10-ounce custard cups with cooking spray. Stack tortillas; microwave uncovered until warm and flexible, about 25 seconds. Spray tortillas with cooking spray. Gently press 1 tortilla into each cup.
- Place pinto beans, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, and cumin in small bowl; mash coarsely with fork. Spoon bean mixture into bottom of tortilla cups, spreading and dividing evenly.
- Crack 1 egg into each tortilla cup atop beans.
- Sprinkle each with grated cheese, covering egg completely.
- Bake uncovered until egg yolks are firm to touch and whites are set, about 27 minutes (yolks will still be soft inside).
- Meanwhile, mix pico de gallo, 1/3 cup cilantro, and hot sauce in small bowl. Using large spoon, lift tortilla cups from dishes; transfer to plates. Top eggs with pico de gallo and serve immediately.
This is an easy recipe that I have adapted from Bon Appetit. Makes a good brunch dish. I like to serve it with tamale sauce for an extra kick. The only things I changed was to use cooking spray on the tortillas and dishes to reduce the fat content...and I also used a mexican cheese blend rather than just monterrey jack cheese.