Easy Sausage Jambalaya
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. green onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried mint, crushed
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1 1/2 c. long grain rice (uncooked)
- Tabasco sauce or ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 lb. smoke sausage, sliced thick (preferably Andouille sausage)
- In a large, high walled skillet, heat oil over a medium-high heat and saute the onions, green pepper and parsley until the onions are clear.
- Stirring, add the tomato sauce, garlic, mint and wine, then the rice, salt and pepper, smoke sausage and enough water to cover the rice by about 1 inch. Cook until most of the juice is gone.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour; don't lift the lid until this has been cooking at least 45 minutes. Stir in green onion 3-5 minutes before its done.