- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 cup Borden Eggnog
- 1 Tablespoon light Karo syrup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cook candy to soft ball stage.
- Butter bottom and sides of a heavy 3 qt saucepan. In this pan combine sugar, eggnog and syrup. Cook over med heat stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook to 328 degrees (soft ball stage) stirring only as needed. Immediately remove from heat. Add 2 tbsp butter and vanilla. Cool to 110 do not stir.
- Beat until fudge becomes very thick and starts to lose its gloss. Quickly stir in nuts.
- In glass 1 cup measure cup, combine chocolate pieces and 2 tsp butter. Set in saucepan filled with 1 inch of water heat until chocolate melts. Drizzle over top of fudge score in squares while warm. Cut when cool and firm.