Eggnog and Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 egg, room temperature, slightly beaten
- 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups flour (I use bread flour, but you can use all purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Heat the eggnog and 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Let cool until temperature is about 110 degrees F (like bathwater warm).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggnog mixture with yeast, egg, and 2 cups of the flour and the salt; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. (Alternately, just use the dough hook on your mixer and let the mixer knead the dough for about five minutes)
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a clean damp towel. Allow dough to rise until double, about 1 hour. In the mean time, in a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into a 12X9 inch rectangle (I like to do this on my Silpat). Spread the dough with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries. Roll up the dough from the long side and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal sized pieces and place into a greased 9X13 inch pan. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake rolls at 375 ° for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and frost with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting while warm.