Famous Fatty Dip
- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: Crowd
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tube Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
- 1 Can Ro-Tel
- 1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
- 1 4 oz Sour Cream
- Brown and drain sausage
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high until cheese is melted
- Set heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes (the longer it simmers the tastier it will be)
- Keep in crock pot to keep warm
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Note - You can also buy Jimmy Dean Sausage crumbles. They are pre-cooked and crumbled so all you have to do is put them in the crock pot. So much easier!
I love to cook and I have a lot of recipes, but this has to be one of my top 5. When I first got the recipe I would make it and bring it to Potluck Luncheons at my workplace. Every time I brought it in it was a huge hit. I would make a triple batch and it would be gone in 10 minutes and everyone would always ask for the recipe. I am not a recipe miser so I would share the recipe with whoever asked for it. Some time passed and I transferred into a different group at work. One day I went into a conference room for a meeting and I saw the recipe for my dip written on the whiteboard with the title Fatty Dip (that is what I had called it). Apparently other people started bringing my recipe to their Potluck functions and were also being asked for the recipe. This happened quite a few times and after a while the recipe spread like wildfire and became famous at my workplace. That is why I changed the name to "Famous Fatty Dip" It is really THAT good!