Fatayer (Spinach Pie)
- Dough Ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- dash of salt
- Filling Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 pounds chopped spinach
- 3 chopped onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each sumac, salt and pepper
- Sift flour then mix with oil. Add the rest of the dough ingredients and mix well. Knead till dough is smooth. Roll dough very thin and cut into 3 inch circles.
- Mix the filling ingredients. Take tablespoon of filling mixture and put on each circle. Take each circle and close into the shape of three lines. Secure ends.
- Dip each piece in vegetable oil and put in pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes till brown. Serve as an appetizer either cold or warm