Faux Jalapeno Popovers
- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: As many as you want
- Preparation Time: 10
- Canned/Tubed Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- Shredded Cheese (cheddar, Jack, your choice)
- Sliced, Pickled Jalapeno Slices
- Place uncooked biscuits in the hollows of a non-stick muffin tin. Top with 2-3 sliced jalapeno rings and shredded cheese.
- Place another biscuit on top of each biscuit. (If you are using a 10 ct can, you will have 5 popovers).
- Top with more shredded cheese and a jalapeno slice. Push down gently to adhere jalapeno to dough. Do not press down too hard or biscuits will not puff up as much.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven 6-8 minutes until biscuits and cheese start to brown. Keep an eye on them, as they will burn quickly.
The popovers are fake, not the jalapenos. For whatever reason, I needed a can of buttermilk biscuits for a recipe and ended up buying 4 tubes because they were on sale. I have been making these with the other 3 tubes every time I have chili. They come out of the oven looking just like popovers that you make by hand (OK, maybe not that close, but they don't look like canned biscuits!!)