Fell-in-love-with my mom's Seven Layer Salad
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayo (Hellman's is more lemony than others and works well)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- Fill salad bowl half full of lettuce.
- Add layers of bell pepper, onion, celery and peas.
- Spread mayo over peas, sealing to the edge of the bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over the mayo, followed by cheese and bacon.
- Chill tightly covered for 8 hours to overnight.