Fifty Shades of Chicken
- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano (I used 1 tsp dried)
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 - 3 tsp capers
- 2 TB white wine (or chicken broth)
- Garnish: flat leaf parsley, chipped and lemon wedges
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oregano, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, mushrooms and olive oil. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Allow to marinade for up to 4 hours (in the refrigerator). If you can't wait...then 15 minutes will do, at room temperature will do.
- Preheat the oven to 500' F.
- Arrange the thighs (spread open) on a 9x13 baking dish, scattering the mushrooms and capers over and around the chicken.
- Pour in the wine and roast for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear).
- Garnish with parsley and lemon if desired.