Four Egg Yellow Cake
After Dinner Birthday Cake Christmas Cinco de Mayo Crowd Cooking Dairy Dessert Dinner Party Easter Eggs Gift Idea Halloween Independence Day Kid Friendly Labor Day Memorial Day Mixer Mother's Day New Year's Eve/Day Oven Potluck Shower/Wedding Snack St. Patrick's Day Sweet Thanksgiving Valentine's Day
- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 C. Shortening
- 2 C. Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 9 x 13 pan or two layer cake pans.
- Cream shortening together with sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into greased & litely floured pan(s).
- Tap pan(s) on table to release any air bubbles before placing in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake springs back when litely touched in center.
- Cake will also pull away from sides of pan when finished.
- Cool on rack and frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar.