- Cooking Time: 15-20 min
- Servings: 12 cookies
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch sprinkled on work area
- 1 package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Colored decorating sugars, placed in a saucer
- Write (12) notes of good frtune or draw a little symbols (a sun, moon, heart or flower) on two-inch-long pieces of paper with a pen or nontoxic marker.
- Sprinkle cornstarch on your work area and smooth it out with your hand.
- Unfold one piecrust at a time and place on work area.
- Turn over crust to dust both sides with cornstarch. Flatten and smooth out wrinkles with a rolling pin.
- With a 3-inch round cookie cuter, cut out 4 to 6 circles per piecrust. You may reroll scraps if you wish.
- Put one fortune in the center of each circle and fold in half. Then fold the semicircle in half.
- Brush each fortune cookie with a little water to moisten. Dip one side of each cookie into a colored sugar, then place on cookie sheet, sugar side up. Place cookies 2 inches apart.
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lighty browned. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Yield: 12 fortune cookies