French Dip Au Jus Baguette
- Servings: 6
- 10 medium thin slices fresh deli roast beef
- 1 ounce packet dry Au Jus mix (I used McCormick)
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 Tablespoons dry minced onion
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 (6 inch) baguette rolls (I used poppy seed)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a skillet add 1 cup of water and Au Jus mix and whisk well. Continue adding remaining 2 cups water, whisking well. Heat on medium high heat for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. It will boil.
- While Au Jus is cooking, place cheese on baguettes open faced and place on cookie sheet, baking in oven until cheese melts and baguettes are just a touch crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour almost all of Au Jus into bowl, leaving a little bit in skillet. Add dry minced onion stirring into remaining Au Jus and then stir in roast beef and simmer in Au Jus and onions until warm, 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add finished roast beef to cheesy baguettes and serve with your bowl of Au Jus for dipping.
Would you look at the fancy name I gave this recipe! :) DH has been bugging me to make something with Au Jus and roast beef for a few weeks! He loved the salisbury steaks I made that had Au Jus in the recipe and wanted it with roast beef! These were delicious! Au Jus is naturally salty but it was perfect to us, just as Au Jus should be but if you don't like salty, you probably don't like Au Jus! To make it less salty, I would suggest using beef broth! I'm sure it would still be good! DH has already requested this meal again in the near future! He was very impressed and it was very simple to make! Yummy!