French Toast Cupcakes
- Servings: 12
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted then cooled.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Then add maple extract.
- Alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk into your liquid mixture. Make three additions of flour and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.
I'm not a fan of french toast, but I love the smell and flavor of french toast batter and syrup. This cupcake is the perfect combination of the flavor of french toast in a cupcake. The cupcake recipe was taken from the blog, 'Bake and Destroy' (nataliecakes.wordpress.com), while the maple buttercream recipe was adapted from CDKitchen (www.cdkitchen.com). This recipe makes 12 regular size cupcakes.