Fresh Fruit Parfait
- About 1/2 cup of seasonal fruit, cut into chunks
- About 1/3 cup of seasonal berries
- An 8-ounce cup of fat-free Greek yogurt
- Organic honey (pure maple syrup works, too!)
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Layer the fruit with dollops of the Greet yogurt. Drizzle with honey to taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger to taste.
Nearly every ingredient for this fresh, cool start to the day is from our local farmers market. So let the fruits change with the season for the best taste and nutritients. Peaches, melon, blackberries (and the tail-end of blueberries) are in season now in New Jersey, where I live. I visit the Trenton Farmer's Market each Saturday and get all of these ingredients there.