Fresh Peach Cobbler
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in peaches. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour into 8" baking pan.
- Combine flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in milk.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.