Fresh Veggies & Kielbasa Sausage Grilled Hobo Dinner
- Servings: 4
- 24 ounces Kielbasa Sausage, sliced into 1 inch coins
- 3 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 each of red, yellow and orange sweet peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 10 baby yukon potatoes, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Olivio Buttery Spray for spraying corn and potatoes (It's butter spray with olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- heavy duty foil
- This is for 4 Hobo Dinners
- Slice sausage into 1 inch coins.
- Cut each ear of corn into thirds.
- Slice zucchini into 3/4-1 inch coins and then half or quarter cut them. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt & pepper and mix well.
- Slice peppers into strips, cleaning out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut onion into chunks. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Dice potatoes into smalls chunks.
- For each dinner, make 2 sheets of foil 15-20 inches long so you'll have plenty of room for everything and to seal it up. Lay 2 sheets on top of each other and fold all sides up a little.
- Divide potatoes between 4 servings, spray with butter spray, salt & pepper.
- Divide cut ears of corn, lay on each side of potatoes. Spray with butter spray, salt & pepper.
- Top potatoes with onion, peppers and zucchini.
- Layer with sausage.
- Bring foil over to cover everything and seal tightly. If it doesn't seal tightly just cut another piece of foil and seal with that.
- Heat grill to medium high and place dinners, seal side up, about 4-5 inches from heat, grilling 45 minutes with lid closed. Depending on the heat of your grill, ours is a gas grill, everything should be done in 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes without opening foil. It is steaming hot inside. Once you open foil, let rest until desired eating temp.
I've had my eye on Hobo Dinners for a long time! There are many ways to make them and I love that each person can assemble their own with what they want or don't want in them and that's exactly what we did! Great fun family time, standing around the kitchen table, talking, laughing and putting their own dinner together! Hannah (DD) and I got all the zucchini since we are the only ones who like it! Hannah also got her a few carrots out of the fridge and added them to her dinner! What a great time saver throwing the dinners on the grill for 45 minutes and relaxing or doing other things while dinner cooks! No standing over the hot grill and no heating up the house for a delicious meal! And all the fresh veggies is the best thing to me! Love it! Very filling meal and I see lots of different Hobo Dinners in our future! These would be great for camping too!