Fun Cookie Suckers
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- assorted colors of paste food coloring
- 24 lollipop sticks
- In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Stir till soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- Tint each with a different food color.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Working with each color, shape dough into 3/4 inch balls.
- For each cookie place 1 pink, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 orange ball together to make 1 large rainbow colored ball.
- Shape into a 12 inch long roll (like a snake); starting at one end, coil roll to make a 2 3/4 inch round cookie.
- Place cookies 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Carefully insert lollipop sticks into bottoms of cookie
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.