- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 6-8 cups flour
- 1/2 lb. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Enough milk to make the glaze runny
- Mix together the scalded milk, shortening, sugar, water and salt. Cool.
- Add eggs, yeast and flour. Let rise for 2 hours.
- Roll dough out, form doughnuts and let rise again. Brown in hot oil on both sides.
- Glaze with the mixture of powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, enough to make glaze runny. Marlene