Gary's North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 generous spoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Use immediately or can be kept in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
- Shake before using.
- Makes 3 cups.