Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
- Preparation Time: 35 to 45 plus chilling
- Ingredients For Maple Cognac Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- Ingredients For Mousse
- 1 1/8 cup white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling 3 or 3.4 ounce (prepare according to package directions - I used half and half cream for the milk to add even more richness)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Stacy's Simply Gingersnap pita chips (if you cannot find these you can use gingersnap cookies)
- Directions For Whipped Cream
- Beat heavy cream on medium to form soft peaks.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat on high until blended and fluffy.
- Directions For Mousse
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Set aside.
- Blend pumpkin and next 5 ingredients.
- Stir in brandy and vanilla.
- Fold in pudding.
- Then gently fold in whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Spoon into serving dishes and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Arrange gingersnaps around the edge.
- You can also put the mousse in a large bowl and layer gingersnaps on a platter and let your guests scoop out individual portions.
Pumpkin is rather flat and flavorless until you bring it alive with spices, crust, and whipped cream. So I decided to really kick in the spices like coriander and a little Cayenne pepper, some brandy, creamy white chocolate pudding, a topping of spiked whipped cream and a side of gingerbread pita chips. The ginger and coriander both add a bite of lemon. The gingerbread with its sugary coating, lends more depth of flavor than just a plain crust, there's the warm caramel tones of the brandy, and the pudding and whipped cream give the mousse it's fluffy texture that's lighter than a dense pumpkin pie. You can get your hands on canned pumpkin all year round so don't wait for another holiday season to give this one a try!