- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 20 to 24
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup light molasses
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (I omitted this)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (350 F for dark pans). Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg, molasses, and lemon zest to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Add portions of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with portions of the sour cream, until they are completely integrated, about 30 seconds.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan on a wire rack.