Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Vegan Sweet Zucchini Cake From A Health Foodie
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 heaping cups of grated zucchini
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp sprouted ground flax seed
- 2 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- *1/4 cup organic chopped walnuts (optional)
- *1/4 cup organic golden raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 / 350ºF.
- Sift the oat flour, flaxseeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Remove excess water from grated zucchini by placing it in a kitchen towel and squeezing out the liquid over the sink.
- Place the zucchini into your stand mixer bowl along with the millet, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, applesauce and coconut milk. Mix ingredients together on a low speed.
- While the stand mixer is still on low, add the dry ingredients 1/3 at a time until just combined.
- Fold in the optional chopped walnuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour into a standard size loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, cool, and devour. YUMMO!
I got this recipe from Patrice Pollack from A Health Foodie. This was Recipe #20 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event. This delectable vegan sweet zucchini cake is just one example of Patrice's fabulous creativity. I LOVED this cake. It is moist and full of flavour. I LOVE zucchini cake, and this one is decadent without being too heavy! Patrice has some wonderful simple tasty recipes on her site. Learn more about Patrice Pollack at A Health Foodie.