Gluten Free Monster Cookies!
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 egg, fork beaten (Vegan Option: 1 flax/chia egg)
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp (or more like I did) vanilla extract
- Little squeeze agave ~ 1 tsp (this replaced corn syrup)
- 2 tsp EVOO (this is instead of butter)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-3/4 c natural organic peanut butter – depends on how intense you’d like your PB flavor—I opted for more since I omitted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/3 c gluten free oats
- 1-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- BIG handful of raisins
- handful of shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- BIG handful m&m’s
- handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix in given order. Scoop 2 Tbsp onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 15 minutes…..DO NOT OVERBAKE! They are best when underdone and still doughy in the center. Makes about 6 cookies.
Growing up, my family would spend every 4th of July up at our lake home in Northern Wisconsin. And every summer, my mom would bring up a carload of her monster cookies (enough for 12 people to last all week)! As a result, her recipe was HUGE–we’re talking 12 eggs! SO, I decided to a) reduce the recipe to only 1 egg, and b) make them gluten and dairy free! But you’d never know. They were so moist and chewy, with the subtle toasty warm depth of the coconut. What’s not to love?