Gnocchi al forno
- potato gnocchi:
- 1kg potatoes
- 150 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tblspon extra vergin olive oil
- 2 tblspoons grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 150 ml cream
- salt, pepper
- Wash the potatoes and boil them for 20 mins.
- When they are cooked, peel them and mash. Add flour and mix well with a wooden spoon. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well every time. Add salt, pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Leave it to cool completely.
- Flour the surface and divide the gnocchi pasta into smaller pieces. Roll each piece out to form a finger-thick "sausage". Cut the "sausage" into 3cm long chunks and form gnocchi pressing them against a fork or gnocchi tool. Put the gnocchi on a floured trey (they shouldn't be touching each other) and leave them dry for about 1 hour.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling salted water, they are ready when they come up to the surface.
- Put the drained gnocchi into an oiled oven-proof dish.
- In a small bowl mix the cream with 2 spoons of flour, salt, pepper, and Parmiggiano Reggiano. Pour over gnocchi and bake in a preheated oven for about 15 mins.