Gone All Day Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chpped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 4 oz cans mushrooms, stems and piece, drained
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 2 lb boneless round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- Place ingredient in order listed, in the slow cooker
- Cover. Cook on low 6 - 8 hours or until rice is tendr.
- Stir before serving
- brown beef in saucepan in 2 Tbsp oil befre putting in the slow cooker for deeper flavor.
- Add bay leaf and 4 - 6 whole peppercorns to mixture before cooking. Remove before serving.
- Substitute chicken legs and thigh (skin removed) for beef.