Good-for-you choc-oat-chip cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups special dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cream together brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and applesauce in large bowl.
- Beat in egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-13 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Let stand for 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.