- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cut in 1 1/2" cubes
- 3/4 cup hot beef broth or bouillon
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced raw potatoes
- 1 cup diced raw carrots
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 8 oz pkg wide egg noodles
- Heat oil in frypan to 350 degrees and saute onion till transparent.
- Add beef cubes and brown.
- Add the stock, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and reduce the heat to approx 250 degrees and simmer about 1 hour.
- Add potatoes and carrots and tomato juice, simmer about 30 min or a little longer or till beef is tender and veggies are cooked.
- Cook the noodles, drain and serve goulash over noodles.